These resource links were made available for students affected by school closures due to the Covid-19 pandemic. They remain for your use as required.
A majority of the sites have been developed in Australia, many with original resources.
We have tried to ensure resources are free to use wherever possible.
Remember some sites are not Australian. Check carefully to be sure they conform to Australian requirements before use, e.g. spelling, terminology, guidelines, … .
- Academy School Education Programs
- Australian Museum - Inside Out
- Australian National Maritime Museum [NSW]
- Bebras 365 [CSIRO]
- Bebras Mini Challenges [CSIRO]
- Bebras Unplugged [CSIRO]
Bluey Education and Teaching Resources [Cool Australia]
‘Each resource showcases an episode from Bluey and contains all the instructional information, curriculum mapping and teaching strategies needed to bring Bluey to life at home or in the classroom’.
Curriculum Materials - Cool Australia
‘Over 200 activities including a range of special Bluey based resources’.
- Digital Classroom - National Library of Australia
- Drama NSW
- Early Education - ABC Kids
eSafety for Kids Education Resources [Cool Australia]
‘The eSafety for Kids education package was developed in consultation with a team of experts’.
- Home Learning - Resources for Students and Families [ACT]
- HSC 2021 - State Library of NSW
- Museum at Home - Museums Victoria
- National Museum of Australia [ACT]
- NSW Parliament school holiday fun
- Online resources parents need to make it easier to homeschool during the coronavirus crisis - ABC Radio
- Our Learning SA
- Queensland Museum Network Learning Resources
- Questacon at home — Fun science activities for kids
Remote Learning Resources
PETAA. ‘This page has been created specifically to provide additional supporting resources for schools and parents with students in lock-down, self isolation or quarantine due to COVID-19’.
- School on TV! - ABC ME
- State Library Victoria
- ACARA - Resources for parents and carers
Learning Potential [Aust. Govt.]
‘Helping you to support your child’s learning’.
- Home Learning : Resources for Students and Families [ACT]
DART Learning - Bringing the world to your classroom
‘Our website allows teachers, parents and students to find incredible Live, By Request, or On Demand learning experiences offered by museums, galleries, research institutes, scientists, writers, athletes, artists, educational organisations, musicians, zoos and many more’.
Digital learning opportunities
‘Browse the catalogue to view a variety of virtual excursions, tours and digital learning resources available to teachers and students. Filter the catalogue to refine your results’.
- Learning from home [NSW]
- Learning from home support [NSW]
- Online Study Tips [TAFE NSW]
- Resource Library [NSW]
- Supporting student learning and wellbeing [NSW]
Teaching and Learning Resources
‘Advice and resources to support your teaching. Includes Resource Library [see above], Digital learning opportunities, External digital resources and much more’.
- Preschool STEM Games [Northern Territory]
- Learning@home [Queensland]
Learning Resources - Additional
Resources and Links
Department of Education Queensland. ‘To help you select relevant activities when visiting these websites look at the Prep to Year 10 Australian Curriculum Parent information webpage to see what your children will be learning in each learning area at each stage of schooling. Some of these resources contain sensitive issues for the purposes of critical study. Parents are encouraged to consider the suitability of resources for their children’.
- Resources for Parents [Queensland]
- Learning Together at Home Program [South Australia]
- Learning at Home [Tasmania]
- FUSE [Victoria]
- Learning from home in a school setting [Victoria]
- Play-based learning for preschoolers [Victoria]
- STEM skills [Victoria]
- Learning at home [Western Australia]
- Learning resources by year level [Western Australia]
- Learning resources from across the nation [Western Australia]
- Science Space [NSW]
- Taronga TV [NSW]
- The Australian Ballet - Steamdance Online [Victoria]
The Best Online Resources for Australian Kids
Learning From Home [Newy]
‘The internet is full of thousands of online teaching resources, some better quality than others. Here is a list of free online activities for students. You will notice that many of the websites are Australian as we wanted to include quality links that align with the Australian curriculum. However, we’ve also included other high quality resources to support children’s learning’.
‘We’ve put together this Remote and Home Learning Support page with remote learning ideas and information for teachers and parents during potential home learning times. All content is written by qualified Australian teachers and aligned to the Australian Curriculum’.
- Wootube – Find joy in learning mathematics
- Zoos Victoria Online
Museums Offer Virtual Tours
and Theme Parks offering virtual tours
30 Amazing Virtual Tours
of Museums, Zoos, and Theme Parks
200 Free Kids Educational Resources
: Lessons, Apps, Books, Websites …
BBC Teach [UK]
Best Virtual Tours in Vancouver [2022 ]
A majority of these are free virtual tours and range across museums, art galleries even a university. Each has a descriptor plus pros and cons. A different journay on the other side of the Pacific.
Free Online Flashcard Maker – Create & Study Flashcards [Chegg.com]
Internet Safety Guide for Kids
[CyberGhost Privacy Hub]
‘Online Threats to Kids; How to Protect Your Kids from Online Threats; Keeping Kids Safe on Social Media; Online Security Tips for Parents; The Internet and Teenagers; and The Bottom Line’. Well thought out and presented.
Learning from home - Resources
National Geographic Society - Education
Open Culture - 200 Free Kids Educational
Science Education Resources
Teaching Resources - Google for Education
The 7 Best Virtual Tours to Take in Ireland 
Includes famous places and sights as well as the Irish National Heritage Park, National Museum, Medieval Museum and National Gallery.
The 6 Best Virtual Tours in New Zealand [2022 ]
The 10 Best Museums in Singapore 
A diverse range including not only those specific to Singapore but also Asian Civilisation. Information includes detail about each, Pros & Cons, YouTube video and more.
The 75 Best Virtual Museum Tours